Step One: Create an account with the City of Toledo through Governmentjobs.com and apply for the position of Toledo Police Officer.
Click this link to create your account: TPD at Governmentjobs.com
For help with this step, please review this “Online Application Guide”.
Step Two: Sign up and take the police officer exam at National Testing Network to have the scores sent to the City of Toledo.
Click on this link: TPD Officer Exam to go to the information page regarding this step.
Due to scheduling and exam space, it is advisable to not wait until December to schedule and take the exam through the National Testing Network.
For help with this step, please click here for information on “National Testing Network”.
Candidates who attain a passing score on the entry level exam will be placed on the department's eligibility list and will be contacted by the City of Toledo as they qualify to move further in the selection process.
ANSWER THE CALL
The Toledo Police Department employs approximately 707 people, of whom 585 are sworn Police Officers and 122 are civilians. Our motto "To Protect and To Serve" states the essential purpose of the Toledo Police Department. The department protects the rights of all persons within its jurisdiction to be free from criminal attack, to be secure in their possessions, and to live in peace. The Department serves the people of Toledo by performing law enforcement functions in a professional manner, and it is to the people that the department is ultimately responsible.
Click the links below for information if you are interested in becoming a Toledo Police Officer:
Other facts about the police department:
- Patrols 88 square miles
- Patrols 144 parks
- Two district stations support eight patrol sectors
- UAV Support Unit
- Motorcycle Unit
- School Resource Officers
- Full-time training academy and firing range
- Detectives (Property & Persons Detectives, Domestic Violence, Missing Persons, Crime Scene Investigators, Computer Crimes)
- State of the art radio system (updated in 2012) with CAD dispatch
- Mobile Data Computers in all patrol cars
- Real Time Crime Center (utilizes technology such as computer programs and cameras to solve, predict and prevent criminal activity)
- Data Driven Policing
- Strategic Response Bureau which includes Bomb Squad, Metro Drug Task Force, Gang Unit, Vice and a full time SWAT Team
- Opportunity for promotion after three years of service
The City of Toledo is an Equal Opportunity Employer.