Inspections are conducted at the Toledo Police Department Tow Lot, 198 Dura Ave.
Tow lot hours are 9AM-5PM Monday through Friday, 11AM-4PM on Saturdays, and closed on Sundays.
Requirements of Golf Cart Inspections
To pass inspections golf carts must have the following:
· Functional brakes
· Brake lights (2)
· Headlights (2)
· Taillights (2)
· Turn signals
· License plate light
· Brackets for front and rear license plate
· Functional steering mechanism
· Windshield wipers
· Rearview mirror
· Tires (safe condition, 1/16 inch tread)
· Seatbelts for the front seats
· Proof of insurance
· $25 inspection fee due at the time of inspection.
· Golf carts and similar vehicles must be titled and registered in the State of Ohio. All associated fees apply. Documentation of a successful inspection must be submitted in order to obtain registration / license plates.
· Operators must stay within the outlined districts within the City of Toledo.
· The driver must be at least 16 years of age and possess a valid driver’s license.
· Children’s safety seat regulations must be followed.
· All traffic laws apply.