Inspected and titled golf carts can operate on city streets with a speed limit of 35 mph or lower if:
- they are titled and registered in the State of Ohio. All associated fees apply. Documentation of a successful inspection must be submitted in order to obtain registration / license plates.
- the driver is at least 16 years of age and has a valid driver’s license.
- children’s safety seat regulations are followed.
- all traffic laws are followed.
Inspections are conducted at the Toledo Police Department Tow Lot, 198 Dura Ave.
Tow lot hours are 9AM-5PM Monday through Friday, 11AM-4PM on Saturdays, and closed on Sundays.
- $25 inspection fee due at the time of inspection.
- To pass inspections golf carts must have the following:
- Functional brakes
- Brake lights (2)
- Headlights (2)
- Taillights (2)
- Turn signal
- License plate light
- Brackets for front and rear license plate
- Functional steering mechanism
- Windshield wipers
- Rearview mirror
- Tires (safe condition, 1/16 inch tread)
- Seatbelts for the front seats
- Proof of insurance